Birthdays & Celebrations
Raise money celebrating a special occasion!
Make your birthday, anniversary or wedding extra special
Celebrate the gift of funding practical, emotional and physical support by setting up a special fundraising page and ask for donations. Give your family and friends the opportunity to help fund specialist equipment, age-appropriate spaces and research for teenagers and young adults living with cancer and their families.
Create your fundraising page here https://thetombowdidgefoundation.enthuse.com
How to maximise your fundraising
- Set a target on your online giving page so people can see how much you are raising and help you achieve your target.
- Ask people to add Gift Aid by mentioning the benefits of doing so on your page description. If they’re a UK tax-payer, this will increase their donation by 25% at no extra cost
- Ask your employer if they offer ‘Matched Giving’. It’s an easy way to double your fundraising if your employer will agree to match the amount you raise
- Make use of the support we provide. We can provide you with leaflets, posters and collection pots if you are having a celebratory party.
- And finally, tell people about it. Don’t be afraid to tell everyone you know about your fundraising. Add your story and photos to your online giving page, then share on your social media channels!
Celebrate your special day by asking guests to give a donation in lieu of a wedding present.
Every year, couples all over the UK choose to tie the knot. A wedding or civil partnership is a special day for loved ones to get together, and supporting The Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer Foundation is a touching, positive way to recognise a loved one.
Making the charity part of your wedding to celebrate life adds a special personal touch and makes your day even more memorable. Your donations will fund practical, emotional and physical support to teenagers and young adults and their families who are living with cancer.
Set up a Wedding fundraising page
Get started by setting up a Give in Celebration wedding fundraising page in just a few minutes. It’s the easiest way to collect donations – just share a link with friends, family and colleagues and they can donate securely online. The donations go straight to us and you can make your page really special by adding photos and your story.
Create a fundraising page through Enthuse. https://thetombowdidgefoundation.enthuse.com
Top tips for raising more before the big day
- Kick off your fundraising page by adding the first donation yourself.
- If guests can’t make it to your wedding, ask them to donate instead. Making a donation is the perfect way to say congratulations if they can’t say it in person.
- Include a note on your wedding invitations that The Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer Foundation is your chosen charity, why, and that you would welcome donations.
- Set a target on your online fundraising page and you could raise up to 46% more. If you hit your target early, increase it!
- Ask people to add Gift Aid by mentioning the benefits of doing so on your page description.
- Place donation envelopes at each table setting
- And finally, don’t be afraid to tell everyone you know about your fundraising. Add your story and photos to your fundraising page, then share on your social media channels, on Whatsapp and by email!
Make your big day extra special
- Mention The Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer Foundation in your speech, especially if you’re fundraising in someone’s honour. Announce how much you’ve raised so far and thank everyone who has donated.
- If you’ve chosen The Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer Foundation as a way of remembering a loved one, ask guests to write a special or funny memory in a book for you to treasure. You could set up a memorial table with a photo.
- Put a collection bucket on the bar and collect spare change or ask your friends and family to ‘buy a drink’ for the person you’re honouring.
When you are ready to send us your donation please let us know by emailing [email protected] and we will tell you the best way to send this.